Philanthropy Associate Job Description | Church Council of Greater Seattle
General Description: The Philanthropy Associate will contribute to logistics and execution of fundraising activities of the Church Council of Greater Seattle. The Associate will report to the Philanthropy Manager and may collaborate with CCGS staff, board, and volunteers to fulfill the Church Council’s mission, vision, and strategic plan. The position is 16 hours/week with hours adjustable as mutually agreed.
1. Donor Acknowledgements, Reports, Communications, and Cultivation: Send donor acknowledgements. Liaison with stakeholders to answer questions and maintain records. Contribute to reports. Update online profiles. Assist with tracking donor cultivation.
2. Database Maintenance: update donor records, coordinating with other departments.
3. Coordinate Mailings and Material Distribution for Philanthropy and other Church Council programs as needed.
4. Faith Community Relations: Assist in in logistics of cultivating faith community connections: tracking involvement, requesting support, reporting impacts, scheduling visits.
5. Volunteer Recruitment and Management: cultivate & manage volunteers for Philanthropy and sometimes other Church Council activities.
6. Campaign Planning and Messaging: Contribute to imagining and executing funding campaigns to inform and solicit stakeholders.
7. Events: Contribute as mutually agreed to event management and staffing.
8. Contribute to the Team: Assist with basic office management and “all hands on deck” activities of the Church Council.
Applicants should have gracious communication skills, comfort with computer systems, attention to detail, event & volunteer management skills, ability to work independently and collaboratively, and passion for faith-based justice making.
Applicants should also demonstrate a professional approach that is anti-racist, grounded in cultural humility, values the experience of those most-impacted or marginalized, and is LGBTQIA-affirming.
Familiarity with CRM data systems is desired, but not required.
Pay Rate: $18 – $20/hour DOE
To Apply or inquire: Send a resume, cover letter, & contact information for 3 references to firstname.lastname@example.org, ideally by May 1, 2020.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, The Church Council of Greater Seattle considers applicants for all positions regardless of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
Download the PDF here: CCGS Philanthropy Associate JD (April 2020)